Subscriptions and Publications
NAEPC Journal of Estate & Tax Planning
The NAEPC Journal of Estate & Tax Planning is a web-based library of best-in-class thought leadership appropriate for every member of every estate planning council. Visit www.NAEPCJournal.org today to view current and past issues of the publication. Published quarterly and available at no-charge to all estate planning council members and Accredited Estate Planner designees, The Journal is considered to be one of the top benefits of membership in NAEPC.
Each quarterly publication includes featured content, newsletters from leading practitioners, and a wealth of practice-based information.
Make sure you're one of the first to know when a new issue is published by subscribing today! The subscription link is found on the right panel of the page.
Ideas for future content or requests for publication may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series
The Robert G. Alexander Webinar Series was introduced in 2013 and provides monthly online programs for viewing live or on-demand (at your leisure). The special programs are available to affiliated local estate planning councils, Accredited Estate Planner® designees, members of affiliated local estate planning councils, and non-members for individual viewing or group gatherings.
Program content complements the core value of NAEPC, the multi-disciplinary concept of estate planning.
Continuing education credit will be available at each webinar for Accredited Estate Planner® designees. In addition, a certificate of completion will be made available for those professionals that feel the program satisfies their continuing education requirements and are able to self-file. Councils may also file the program in their home state for programs offered in a group setting.
- $40 / Accredited Estate Planner® designee (dues must be current at the time of registration)
- $60 / member of an affiliated local estate planning council or at-large member of NAEPC
- $100 / individual non-member
- $250 / council meeting or group gathering (council dues must be current at the time of registration)
Please visit our website for more information, including the availabilitly of series subscriptions.
Bloomberg BNA's Art of the Estate Tax Return by Keith Schiller
Art of the Estate Tax Return, Second Edition – Estate Planning at the Movies® provides in-depth tax analysis and strategic counsel, while offering the ultimate in readability, by connecting well-known motion pictures to practical estate planning and compliance. These connections create great reminders of significant strategies or law, making the tax law fun.
Underlying the cinematic connections, the author shares his best practice tips from a career of preparing, reviewing, and defending estate tax returns, and his greater than 25 years of teaching experience for tax professionals.
This treatise explores the nuances of law and procedure that enter into the preparation and defense of Form 706, including:
- Expanded coverage of portability elections
- Illustrated estate tax returns
- Maximizing valuation discounts and deductions
- Protecting FLPs and FLLCs
- Securing best appraisal results
- Tips to avoid audits
- Pointers on GST reporting
- Cautions and help for fiduciaries
- Warnings and opportunities from inconsistencies in the law
- Strategies for audits and appeals
- And much more!
Winner of the 2010-2011 Award for Outstanding Course Materials by the CalCPA Education Foundation.
Estate Planning At The Movies® is the registered trademark of Keith Schiller.
NAEPC members are entitled to a 20% discount on this publication, the promotion code can be obtained by logging in below and then navigating back to the benefit listing.
Cloudia Assistant is not your typical CRM created for several industries. Cloudia was created for professional agents/agencies who need a constant flow of information for their prospects and, for retention purposes, their clients.
Cloudia was produced to bring business to you and help you retain that business once obtained. Whether your lead is hot or just bought from someone else, Cloudia will continue keeping you in front of that prospect until they want to try something different and when they become hot again, you are the person they remember and trust, especially when the last time they searched for information they received 50+ calls from other agents. Now, you will be the only one to call; and you know it is much easier to sell when someone is calling you instead of you calling them.
Several managers utilizing Cloudia Assistant, with their many distractions (recruiting, training, management reports, meetings, etc.) no longer make cold calls. They have so many people calling them they have no time for cold calls and yet, remain the top producers for their respective companies.
Cloudia Assistant offers the following powerful features for professionals:
- Best Drip Marketing rates available with multiple concatenating campaigns working simultaneously
- Lead Tracking and Organization based on the folder setup of your choosing
- Leaderboard and Shared Folders for Group Motivation and Teamwork
- Customizable Viewing of Data the way You Want to See It
- Automated Commission Calculation system
- Quote Engine (for Health related products)
- Free Training and Technical Support
- Data security like no other: Managers can't take agent's lead; agents can't take company leads
- Marketplace to Purchase Leads from various integrated Lead Generation companies
- Integrated Predictive Dialer and Soft Phone (additional expense)
One of the greatest features of Cloudia Assistant is the price. At only $29.99 per seat, out of the thousands of CRMs available, there is nothing even close to Cloudia’s value at the professional level and we haven't raised our prices in 5 years..
Call 817-778-4508 or e-mail email@example.com for more information, demo or Click Here to Sign-Up for a free 15 day look. Please place “NAEPC” in the field “Referred by” and you will receive 30 days free trial.
Disinherit the IRS
Help your clients Disinherit the IRS
In today’s competitive financial services industry, you need more than just a license to sell insurance, securities, and investment products.
Studies on generational marketing reveal a different kind of decision-making process is now taking place in America. The Greatest Generation is beginning to pass its wealth to the Baby Boomer and X generations and this means your style of sales will need to adapt if you want to build new relationships and gain their trust.
Education is a key factor in marketing to these sophisticated clients. But it takes more than just a slick product brochure. And while a generous expense account can help you build a relationship over dinner, these consumers will need more than just a nice conversation.
That's why Author and Family Wealth Preservation Specialist - E. MICHAEL KILBOURN dusted off his best-selling book Disinherit the IRS, and rewrote it in 2014. Written by NAEPC member E. Michael Kilbourn, and estate planning attorney Brad Galbraith, The Florida Domicile Handbook, is a great way to enhance your client education efforts.
NAEPC members receive a 25% discount off the retail price by logging in to the members only section and placing an online order. After visiting http://www.kilbournassociates.com/disinherittheirs.html, input “NAEPC” to receive the 25% discount during checkout.
Estate Planning for the Sandwich Generation: How to Help Your Parents and Protect Your Kids (Consumer Publication)
Estate Planning for the Sandwich Generation: How to Help Your Parents and Protect Your Kids, debuted as the #1 Amazon bestseller in new releases for Wills/Estate Planning. It features 10 estate steps to create an estate plan, why it is critical to use an estate planning attorney, and 5 talks to have with your parents about the future.
This book addresses frequently asked questions, walks clients through the estate planning process, and affirms the clients’ decision to work with an estate planning attorney. Additionally, the book highlights 5 important discussions to have with aging parents regarding finances, medical concerns, aging, end-of-life care, and death.
Use this book as a marketing tool for your practice! Hand the book to prospective clients as an introduction to your estate planning services or give the book as a meaningful thank you to clients for their business.
Read reviews by estate planning attorneys:
- … estate planning attorneys would be wise to encourage their clients to read it. - Karrie Bunting, Esq.
- … highly recommended to anyone looking to get the process started! - Michael F. Brennan, Esq.
- … an indispensable guide for people responsible for both their children and aging parents. - Elizabeth J. Ferguson, Esq.
NAEPC members receive a 20% discount off the cover price of $14.99 plus FREE shipping by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Orders of 50 books or more receive a 25% discount off the cover price and FREE shipping!
Estate Planning Smarts: A Practical, User-Friendly, Action-Oriented Guide, By Deborah L. Jacobs
A lawyer and award-winning journalist makes readers more comfortable addressing a stressful topic. This book can educate clients before and after they meet with advisers. Estate Planning Smarts stands out from other books on this subject by:
• Explaining complex principles in simple terms
• Humanizing estate planning, with anecdotes about the estate plans of Paul Newman, Michael Jackson and others
• Including an action-oriented “to-do” list at the end of each chapter
• Recommending against a do-it-yourself approach, encouraging readers to seek professional advice and offering suggestions about how to find it
Here’s what reviewers have said about this wonderful resource:
“A terrific guide for people who are just beginning to grapple with estate planning, as well as those who have (or think they have) their affairs in order.”
– The Wall Street Journal
“This is a category killer: a book so good there’s no need for anyone else to cover the same material.”
– Kaye Thomas, tax lawyer, author, founder of Fairmark.com
“Simple—but not simplistic— this is a book you can feel comfortable giving as a business generating action oriented holiday gift.”
– Steve Leimberg’s Estate Planning Email Newsletter
While the estate tax is in flux, Estate Planning Smarts has another virtue: Jacobs issues updates that can be downloaded from the book's Web site, www.estateplanningsmarts.com, and tweets at http://twitter.com/djworking.
LIMITED TIME OFFER! NAEPC members may purchase this book at 20% discount from the list price of $24.95.
Family Business magazine
The Family Business Difference
Family Business Magazine, the leading print authority on running successful family businesses, is the only magazine in North America that targets thriving multi-generational family companies. Now in its 27th year, Family Business publishes six issues a year covering important topics such as succession, mentoring, wealth management, compensation, conflict resolution, and exit and transition strategies. More than 20,000 readers all across the nation read the insightful and informative content.
Family Business Magazine also publishes the highly regarded 14-volume Family Business Handbook Series, in-depth and essential reference works on key family business topics.
Family Business Magazine also produces 5 family business Transitions conferences a year—in California, Florida, Mexico, Toronto, as well as a Private Company Governance Summit in Washington, DC, and a Generational Wealth conference in Miami. Please check their website for dates.
Family Business’s searchable articles archive of more than 800 articles is available to ALL subscribers free of charge on registration. The Family Business Magazine bi-monthly E-Newsletter has become an essential news source for more than 10,000 opt in subscribers and is sent free of charge.
Family Business Magazine would like to invite all members of the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils to become subscribers at the special discounted yearly rate of $59.00 for all 6 issues, plus free access to the online archives and the free e-newsletter. Simply fill out the subscription form available to the NAEPC members in the password protected area of this site and fax to Family Business.
Family Business recently highlighted Estate Planning for owners of family companies in a special supplement. Don’t miss the opportunity to receive these important magazines. Send in the form today and begin your subscription.
Family Wealth Map
“Family Wealth Map” software provides a 360-degree view of your clients’ estates and creates alerts for important deadlines. Always have an accurate picture of your clients’ estates regardless of size or complexity. Have immediate access to the legal documentation of the estate and automatically updated financial account balances. Never loose track of due dates for items such as GRAT payments, Crummey notices, insurance renewals, license renewals,passport expirations, etc. And since alerts are linked to the related documents, you will not have to search for files you need.
Use as a Client Maintenance Program
Family Wealth Map is the perfect foundation for a Client Maintenance Program, leading to stronger relationships with clients and the family members. The ability to view the content and structure of the client’s estate, along with all related documents, allows for real-time due diligence and potential issue spotting. Access to complete and current information, which is clearly displayed on one dashboard, facilitates continual and comprehensive reviews of client estate plans and current asset information.
Security and Privacy
Each of our clients receives a complete security briefing where we detail the key security measures protecting their confidential information. All data is encrypted from end-to-end, during transit and at-rest, providing a highly secure environment. We utilize dedicated servers at a national, highly secure, and high availability co-location facility that provides around the clock monitoring, maintenance, and supervision of our servers. Full backups are performed weekly with incremental backups daily.
Full Concierge Service
We provide full concierge services to get your firm up and running fast. Our professional staff is ready to assist in the creation and maintenance of your clients’ accounts or “Map”. We offer a personalized service that can build the structure of the Map, assist in creating the net worth statement, populate the document files, and train you and your staff to do the same. We are always available to ensure that Family Wealth Map meets and exceeds your expectations.
NAEPC members receive a 10% discount. Simply email us at email@example.com and let us know you’re a NAEPC member.
WATCH OUR VIDEO
For more information, visit our website at www.legalaggregation.com.
Florida Domicile Handbook: Vital Information for New Florida Residents
The Florida Domicile Handbook: Vital Information for New Florida Residents
Have clients living part-time in Florida? The Florida Domicile Handbook is a must-have guide for you to use when educating your clients on the benefits of living in Florida and taking advantage of the tax-friendly climate. This resource explains how to live comfortably and thrive financially in Florida and is packed with sound advice on the many financial benefits of Florida domicile. Plus, there's no other book currently on the market that also provides colorful facts and useful data on everything a new resident needs to know to make the most of their new life in the great Sunshine State. Written by NAEPC member E. Michael Kilbourn, and estate planning attorney Brad Galbraith, The Florida Domicile Handbook, is a great way to enhance your client education efforts.
NAEPC members receive a 25% discount off the retail price by logging in to the members only section and placing an online order.
Legacy Talks Client Enrichment and Acquisition Program
Forbes: When you know 8 of one’s values you get 100% of their business and 4.1 quality introductions.
As boomers enter their legacy years you can differentiate your practice as a Transformational vs. Transactional Advisor.
Online Learning Opportunities Offered by
The Legacy Companies, LLC
IGNITE Online Learning Program
The fundamental success requirement of any advice-giver is your ability to generate powerful relationships in a short amount of time when you first connect with new opportunities. If that’s not daunting enough, you have to do it in a business climate of skepticism, restrictive compliance, and high competition. That’s why Legacy created the IGNITE program.
- A 4 Decision System™ that will steer the progression of your relationship with current and potential clients
- A battle-proven way to confidently answer the question, “What do you do?”
- An Approach Talk™ that will pull you out of the commodity trap, and result in a clear engagement decision by your potential client
- Clear language that will show your potential client, why they should become a client for life
- An Engagement Agreement that will accelerate the opportunity forward
- Legacy has helped accountants, attorneys, philanthropic advisors, financial advisors and many other advice-givers create powerful, lasting relationships for over 20 years.
LAUNCH Online Learning Program
LAUNCH is designed with a single purpose: install a new process for engaging with future and current clients so that you can have the business, the clients and the kinds of engagements you want.
You will complete LAUNCH with:
- A proven, 4 Decision System™ for engaging with future and current clients in a powerful, efficient and systematic way
- A new way to introduce yourself to potential clients, and to teach others to introduce you so that you get more referrals, and that they are the kinds of clients you want
- An advanced Approach Talk™ designed to make securing new business more engaging, more fun, and get you quickly aligned with your prospects' greatest priorities
- A new perspective on how Trust works and how you can help nurture it
- A system for creating Goal Clarity to permanently address one of the invisible points-of-failure in client engagement
- Our GISOR™ Model for ensuring clients commit to their goals before you solve them
- A method to articulate Goal Achievement, how you’ll help your client achieve their goals and have the compelling future they want
- A web-based application to capture what you gather in your expanded Discovery, prepare compelling reports for your clients, and help your team keep cases on track
ECHO Online Learning Program
When families make decisions based on your recommendations, the results will echo long into the future. Their decisions become part of your legacy and theirs. Someone will serve your client for generations; we think it should be you. But one of the greatest risks to the advice-giving business model is a lack of generational reach.
- A powerful new way to capture your clients’ ideal future for themselves, their wealth, and their family
- The ability to discover and document shared family values, across generations
- The method to create a meaningful family financial philosophy (mission statement)
- The ability to actually engage the next generation and create relationships that will stick
- The ability to capture the family story (the story that holds them all together) through a turnkey biographical interview process
- The process for confidently hosting family meetings, including agenda’s and exercises
- The knowledge of Why, When and How to introduce a family wealth counselor
- The ability to create one-of-a-kind client documents using our web-based application
LINK will put the power of our 5 Best Practices of Collaboration in your hands, at your fingertips, so that you stay in the driver’s seat, lead, and win the day for your client.
The Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors
The Charitable Planning Desk Reference for Advisors®, now in its 4th edition was created by Strategic Philanthropy, Ltd., in collaboration with estate planning attorneys and wealth advisors. The Desk Reference is a practical resource designed to help legal and financial professionals more effectively engage their clients in conversations about their philanthropic intent, options and opportunities. The 4th Edition includes new chapters and an expanded resource section. It is the first such comprehensive tool developed specifically for the advisor community to support their integration of philanthropy as a value added and revenue opportunity in their practice.
Some of the topics in The Desk Reference cover:
- Initiating the charitable conversation;
- Using non-cash assets to fund charitable giving;
- Benefits of Charitable Remainder and Charitable Lead Trusts
- Engaging the next generation;
- Fundamentals of International Giving
- A comparative chart illustrating the benefits and limitations of vehicle choice and a resource guide for advisors, and;
The Desk Reference is available at no cost to the advisor community. Simply go to http://stratphilanthropy.com/charitable-planning-desk-reference and request your electronic copy.
The LastingMatters Organizer: A Tool to Deepen Relationships with Your Clients and their Next of Kin
- Who did mom want to deliver her eulogy?
- Where is the safety deposit box? Key?
- Who is her trustee?
- How is the house titled? The stock accounts?
- What about passwords for Facebook and her computer accounts?
As estate planners, you know all too well that these are just a few of many questions that quickly arise after someone dies or is incapacitated. Most troubling, the answers and wishes, unless clearly articulated ahead of time, can undermine even the most well thought out estate plan. Now, with The LastingMatters Organizer, estate planning professionals have a tool to help their clients collect and outline critical information and these very important “wishes.”
With the Organizer, your clients will have at their fingertips a comprehensive easy-to-use resource that will inform and guide their families and heirs during a time of transition. The graphics, the direct questions, and its thoroughness make The LastingMatters Organizer an effective tool to supplement an estate plan – from the basic to complex – and help collect and clearly articulate a client’s wishes on all aspects of their financial, personal, and online lives.
By incorporating The LastingMatters Organizer into the estate plan process, you can help your clients take one large step forward toward ensuring an orderly transition of their assets, their family knowledge and history, as well as their treasured personal belongings. Doing so will ultimately help family members, heirs and caregivers avoid the chaos and confusion that erupts all too often during these emotionally charged times.
NAEPC Members are entitiled to take advantage of a 15% discount price of $24.65 per copy when ordered at https://www.createspace.com/4751589 using discount code NVTWPECA.
Barbara Bates Sedoric - Speaker Bio
The Merrill Anderson Company
The Merrill Anderson Company has been creating compelling, inexpensive financial and estate planning communications for 80+ years.
Customers include trust departments within banks, trust companies, RIAs, broker-dealers, and attorneys.
NAEPC members are eligible to receive an exclusive and substantial discount for the Estate Planning Update email campaign, a bi-monthly e-newsletter with insights about what’s happening in the estate-planning field (largely talking about recent legislation). Copy can be provided to drop into an existing template, or the firm can handle the template creation in your brand architecture and take care of the emailing process!
Merrill Anderson will provide a significant discount, 66%, to NAEPC members on the content license, and a 50% discount on the template setup fee if the user would like the company to handle email distribution.
Contact Sirvydas Vebra at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203-377 4996 ext.103 and mention you’re an NAEPC member to receive samples of the latest issue and more information.
Visit www.merrillanderson.com to learn more about Merrill Anderson and their other products.
The National Underwriter Company
The National Underwriter Company, a division of ALM Media, LLC, has been first in line with targeted financial and estate planning, tax, and insurance information that professionals have come to rely upon when making critical business decisions.
Delivering practical solutions and authoritative content, The National Underwriter Company offers such popular resources as: The Tools & Techniques of Estate Planning; Principles of Estate Planning; Tax Facts on Insurance & Employee Benefits; Tax Facts on Investments; Social Security & Medicare Facts; The Tools & Techniques of Financial Planning; Field Guide: Estate Planning, Business Planning & Employee Benefits; and many more. With our host of online and print resources, today’s professionals are assured that as the industry continues to evolve, National Underwriter will remain at the forefront of change with the most up-to-date, thorough, and easy-to-use resources you rely on for success.
NAEPC members are eligible to receive 15% off their order. Click HERE to get started! Please log in to the members-only area to obtain the special code.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. was formed by nationally renowned estate planning attorney, Philip J. Kavesh, back in 2004.
What initially started as a training for fellow estate planning attorneys and financial advisors has since expanded into a company that provides estate planning professionals of all kinds - - attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors and life insurance agents - - practical, tested and proven technical, practice-building and marketing products. Its products and services are practical and can be quickly and easily implemented into estate planning practices of all levels of experience and expertise.
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. offers a variety of resources to estate planning professionals, including but not limited to:
- Practical Educational Teleconferences and On-Demand Programs from Some of the Nation’s Leading Experts
- Unique & Breakthrough Legal Document Forms
- Tested & Proven Seminar Marketing Packages
- Practice-Building Packages to Help Your Firm Run Efficiently
- Books, CDs, DVDs and Calculators
- FREE! Publications, Podcasts, Charts & Reports
- Information on Upcoming Events in the Industry
- Personal Coaching & Consulting
- In-Depth Practice Development Training for Estate Planning Attorneys
- And much, much more!
The Ultimate Estate Planner, Inc. has extended NAEPC members a special 15% discount on its products and services, which can be obtained by logging in to this website.
For more information, log into the Members Only section.
Trusts & Estates Magazine
Trusts & Estates' in-depth peer-reviewed articles have made the magazine the authority on estate law, tax issues, and wealth management for over a century. Attorneys, fiduciaries, accountants, investment advisors, charitable giving specialists, family office executives, insurance agents, and valuation experts all contribute their insight and advice to the pages of the magazine. Always with a view to helping you better meet your client's needs. Written by experts for experts!
All the benefits of full priced subscriptions are yours … even at this low rate!
- Every subscription includes 12 monthly issues of Trusts & Estates magazine, in print and digital editions.
- Unlimited access to ALL Trust & Estates online premium content.
- Our annual special issues: Tax Year In Review and Charitable Giving
- Free weekly newsletter The Estate Planner brings financial advisors expert advice on trusts and estate planning issues
Subscribe to Trusts & Estates at the low NAEPC member price of just $149. Save 60% off the regular $375 rate!
Trusts & Estates is now offering webinars! Approved for one hour of Accredited Estate Plannerdesignee continuing education credit, webinars are available both live and on-demand.
Trusts & Estates also offers complimentary newsletters for those who choose to sign up! Click HERE and look for "Industry Newsletters" on the right side of the page to sign up.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting – CCH Publications
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting offers innovative, integrated and customer-focused solutions that support the workflow of CPAs, corporate tax and accounting departments, and auditors — enabling growth, enhancing productivity and increasing profitability. Expert analysis, authoritative content, high-quality software applications and integrated workflow productivity tools allow professionals to turn information into action.
Through an Association Alliance Program, Wolters Kluwer offers a generous 35% discount on valuable and industry leading research publications. This relationship gives you the necessary tools to expand your professional development, enhance your knowledge and increase your expertise on tax, accounting, financial and estate planning, audit topics and more.
With leading titles in taxation, accounting, estate planning and more, the 100+ CCH Publications offer expert information to help NAEPC members stay on top of industry and market-leading developments. Publications are available in both print and eBook formats.