Donor Advised Funds and the Family Estate Plan
The Donor Advised Fund has become an indispensable tool for many estate planners working with philanthropic families. Knowing unique uses for a Fund will allow planners offer a wider range of planning ideas, better implementation of estate planning techniques, and deeper relationships with clients.
This seminar with briefly review the donor advised fund mechanics, followed by a longer discussion of unique ways other planners are using them creatively and with great impact. The discussion will share notable stories demonstrating the powerful connection between a family’s estate plans, the complex assets that they hold, and the use of a Donor Advised Fund.
Attendees will learn:
- The mechanics of a DAF
- An understanding of the similarities and the differences between a Donor Advised Fund and the more traditionally used Private Foundation.
- Complex asset gifts strategically made with a future possible sale in mind (real estate, C-Corp, LLC/partnerships, S-Corp).
- Complex asset gifts strategically held within a DAF as part of longer-term estate and giving plans (real estate, C-Corp, LLC/partnerships, S-Corp).
- Sale considerations for complex asset gifts held inside of a DAF.
- Best practices for teams of professional advisors, the client, and a DAF provider.
The 60 minute presentation includes Case Study Applications and will include ample opportunities for Q&A during the presentation.